In The News

Kim and Hofmann announce intention to compete

ATLANTA - As 2010 approaches, 'stache-off training begins in earnest

Earlier this year, Chris Kim and Owen Hofmann met in Sonoma, CA and agreed to take part in another edition of the 'Stache-off for the facial follically-challenged. "It's been four years, and a lot has happened. I haven't necessarily done anything with my life...but my five o'clock shadow only takes about three weeks to come in instead of five," said Kim. The 2006 edition was called the "Competition of the Century" by Alopecia Magazine and "Mildly interesting but mostly irrelevant" in Androgen Insufficiency Monthly. Fans have eagerly awaited more. Although the two briefly considered having a goatee-off in 2008, they ultimately decided against it. "A goatee-off is just not as exciting. It would've been like the Winter Olympics. That's weird of me to say because I'm a competitive skier, but let's face it...the Summer Olympics are much more exciting," said Hofmann. With Kim located in Atlanta, GA and Hofmann in Austin, TX they have yet to determine the specifics of the competition, such as specific dates and judging details, but for now Kim is unconcerned with the details. "I'm just really excited about competing again. I really wasn't planning on attracting women anytime soon, so this comes at a perfect time."